World-Class Cancer Care – Close to Home
Located on the campus of Lexington Medical Center, hospital-based clinic Cancer Center-Lexington brings the resources of the Comprehensive Cancer Center at Wake Forest Baptist Health to Lexington. We offer a full range of cancer services including cancer specialists on-site, access to the latest treatments and technologies, and opportunities to participate in clinical trials, and we are pleased to have the resources of one of the nation's top cancer centers (U.S. News & World Report, 2012).
Laura Allen, MD
Michael G. Kelly, MD
Hematology and Medical Oncology
Lexington Medical Center Clinics offer the following options:
- Diagnosis and treatment of cancer
- Treatment of benign and malignant blood disorders
- Individual chemotherapy treatment areas
- Patient consultations
- Participation in clinical trials and research
- Laboratory services
- Patient Consultations
- Conventional radiation therapy: External beam radiation assures uniform doses of radiation to the targeted area
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT): Controls the intensity of the radiation beam within a given area, allowing a higher dose of radiation to the given area, allowing a higher dose of radiation to the tumor while avoiding normal tissue
- CT Simulation: The most accurate process available to localize, define and reconstruct a patient's tumor, allowing the radiation oncologist to design a treatment plan unique to each patient's anatomy
- Patient Consultations
- Comprehensive care for women with gynecologic neoplasms
- Surgical management of patients with cancer and pre-invasive disease of the female genital tract
Michael Kelly, MD, with Wake Forest Baptist Health provides gynecologic oncology surgical services through his clinic at Cancer Center-Lexington.
Physicians with Davidson Surgical Associates work in conjunction with Lexington Medical Center to provide a full range of services for women who are diagnosed with breast cancer. Mark Smith, MD, Brian Lewis, MD, Steven Muscoreil, MD, Claudiu Cimpean, MD, and Eric Lance, MD, are certified by the American Board of Surgery and Fellows in the American College of Surgeons.
The comprehensive services provided by the group include:
- Sentinel node mapping
- Breast saving surgeries
- Follow up care
Accredited Mammography Services
Lexington Medical Center's Mammography Department is equipped with the latest digital mammography equipment and is accredited by the American College of Radiologists. The accreditation ensures the highest level of mammography imaging.