The mission of Wake Forest Baptist Health Lexington Medical Center is to provide an appropriate level of inpatient and outpatient service capability in a high quality, compassionate and cost effective manner to anyone presenting in need. The mission is accomplished by:
- Providing excellent care and an exceptional experience
- Promoting health and wellness through community partnership
- Connecting people to the world class expertise of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center
-from Wake Forest Baptist Health Lexington Medical Center's Mission and Vision statement
A major goal of Lexington Medical Center to improve the health of citizens in communities it serves. Lexington Medical Center is a nonprofit organization and a part of the Wake Forest Baptist Health system. Lexington Medical Center provides many services and programs to the community. Sponsorship funding is, therefore, limited and not all requests can be honored. Consideration will be given to requests which meet the following requirements.
- The events or activities are health related, educational, or widely recognized as beneficial to the citizens and communities within Davidson County.
- The events encourage participation by large segments of the population.
- The requesting organizations are professionally managed and have a proven record of financial stewardship.
- The requesting organization can verify that a substantial portion of the sponsorship will be used for the publicized charitable purpose, rather than for overhead, administrative costs, or ancillary activities.
The following types of organizations, events, activities are not eligible for sponsorships funds:
- Political causes, candidates, organizations or campaigns
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, veteran's status, mental and physical disability or genetic background
- Individual churches
- Individual youth teams/clubs including registration and travel expense
- Events funded or otherwise organized by Lexington Medical Center
- Fund-raising events whose sole purpose is to raise funds for Lexington Medical Center
Deadline for Submitting Requests
Requests for sponsorships during the following fiscal year (July 1-July 30) should be submitted according to the review schedule below. Applications will be reviewed on a semi-annual basis. The review of sponsorship requests for January 1 - June 30 will begin October 1 - October 31, and the review for sponsorships for the timeframe of July 1- December 31 will be reviewed April 1-April 30. Decisions on funding will be made approximately 4 weeks after the review has concluded, at which time the requesting agency will be notified in writing. For more information or to submit a request, please visit our Sponsorship page.