The mission of Wake Forest Baptist Health--Lexington Medical Center (LMC) is to provide an appropriate level of inpatient and outpatient service capability in a high quality, compassionate and cost effective manner to anyone presenting in need. The mission is accomplished by:
- Serving as the premier health system in Davidson County
- Serving as a hospital and system of health services that address the health and wellness of the community, the management of chronic and acute care needs and the restoration of health through provision of post discharge services.
-from LMC's Mission and Vision statement
A major goal of LMC is to improve the health of citizens in communities it serves. LMC is a nonprofit organization and a part of the Wake Forest Baptist Health system. LMC provides many services and programs to the community. Sponsorship funding is, therefore, limited and not all requests can be honored. Consideration will be given to requests which meet the following requirements.
- The events or activities are health related, educational, or widely recognized as beneficial to the citizens and communities within Davidson County.
- The events encourage participation by large segments of the population.
- The requesting organizations are professionally managed and have a proven record of financial stewardship.
- The requesting organization can verify that a substantial portion of the sponsorship will be used for the publicized charitable purpose, rather than for overhead, administrative costs, or ancillary activities.
The following types of organizations, events, activities are not eligible for sponsorships funds:
- Political causes, candidates, organizations or campaigns
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, veteran's status, mental and physical disability or genetic background
- Individual churches
- Individual youth teams/clubs including registration and travel expense
- Events funded or otherwise organized by LMC
- Fund-raising events whose sole purpose is to raise funds for LMC
Deadline for Submitting Requests
Requests for sponsorships during the following fiscal year (July 1-July 30) should be submitted by June 1. Applications will be reviewed on a quarterly basis. Decisions on funding will be made approximately 8 to 10 weeks after the request is made, at which time the requesting agency will be notified in writing. For more information or to submit a request, please visit our Sponsorship page.