William B. (Bill) James, president
As part of Wake Forest Baptist Health, Lexington Medical Center has the resources of a nationally recognized academic medical center at its doorstep, enabling the facility to offer world-class health care here, close to home. Lexington Medical Center is a not-for-profit facility which operates 94 acute care beds and serves as a satellite provider of Wake Forest Baptist Health specialty services including digestive health, ENT Head and Neck surgery among others. Lexington Medical Center is accredited by The Joint Commission and has been committed to providing for the health care needs of Davidson County since the 1920s. In addition, the medical center operates 14 physician practices and a public pharmacy.
To improve the health of our region by:
- Providing excellent care and an exceptional experience
- Promoting health and wellness through community partnerships
- Connecting people to the world class expertise of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center
To be a medical center of choice, promoting health and serving as a destination for excellence in patient care.
- EXCELLENCE: demonstrate the highest standards of patient-centered care, education, research, and operational effectiveness
- COMPASSION: responsive to the physical, emotional, spiritual, and intellectual needs of all
- SERVICE: cultivate selfless contribution for the greater good
- INTEGRITY: demonstrate fairness, honesty, sincerity, and accountability
- DIVERSITY: honor individuality and protect the dignity of all
- COLLEGIALITY: foster mutual respect, facilitate professional growth and mentorship, and reward teamwork and collaboration
- INNOVATION: promote creativity to enhance discovery and the application of knowledge
Welcome to Lexington Medical Center
In the following video, President of Wake Forest Baptist Health Lexington Medical Center, Bill James, welcomes visitors to Davidson County, North Carolina, a great place to live, work, and receive excellent medical care.
Meet Our Executive Team
William B. (Bill) James, President
Dr. Raghava Nagaraj, MBBS, MPH, Chief Medical Officer
Clyde Bristow, DNP, RN, CENP