L. Andrew Koman, M.D.
Upper Extremity Vascular Disorders, Peripheral Nerve Repair, Pediatric Orthopaedics, Cerebral Palsy, Spasticity Management, Orthopaedics, Hand Surgery, Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery, Rehabilitation, Microsurgery
Education & Training
- A.B., Duke University, 1970
- M.D., Duke University School of Medicine, 1974
- Internship, Pediatrics, Duke University School of Medi, 1974
- Residency, Surgery, Duke University School of Medi, 1975
- Residency, Orthopaedic Surgery, Duke University School of Medi, 1979
- Fellowship, Duke University School of Medi, 1980
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, Hand Surgery
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery
- Int'L Society Of Orthopedic Su
- Am Academy Of Orthopaedic Surg
- La Societe Intl De Chirurgie O
- NC Soc for Surg of the Hand
- North Carolina Medical Society
- North Carolina Orthopedic Assn
- Orthopaedic Research Society
- Piedmont Orthopedic Society
- Southeastern Hand Club
- Southern Medical Association
- Southern Orthopedic Assn
- Am Ortho Foot & Ankle Society
- Am Orthopaedic Assn
- Am Soc Of Reconstructive Micro
- Am Soc Of Surgery Of The Hand
- Clinical Orthopaedic Society
- Duke Hand Club
- Eastern Orthopaedic Assn
- Am Acad Of Cer Palsy & Dev Med
- Hand Forum (Research Society)
- Int'L Soc For Reconstructive M
L. Andrew Koman, M.D.
The overall Patient Rating score is the average of responses to the nine questions listed below. The questions are from the Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a 1 to 5 scale, where 1 represents "very poor" and 5 represents "very good."
Comments are taken from the Care Provider section of the Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Comments are posted exactly as they are written. Comments are added weekly. To protect patient privacy and confidentiality, patient names are not included.
Yes, *Dr. Koman has a stellar reputation. What impresses me more is his calm and caring demeanor and his availability to his patients. I appreciate his confidence and his dry sense of humor! I trust him completely. I've trusted him with my son's care for more than 13 years. I am beyond grateful for all that he has done for my son and for me. He will always have my admiration respect, and appreciation.
*Dr. Kowman & the work he does with CP children has improved the quality of my child's life, and the treatment he gets helps him so much. I don't know what we would do without him.
Don't let *Dr. Andrew Koman retire. He listens and cares.
I cannot say enough for the care that I have received at Wake Forest Medical Center, in the past year. The dr.'s, nurse's, staff all have been most helpful. *Dr. Koman has corrected the pain I had in my hands. I am most grateful for his services.
I understand *Dr. Koman is quite busy so I realize his time can be limited. However, the time he does spend is usually quality time.