Gary G. Poehling, M.D.
Peripheral Nerve Repair, Lower Extremity Trauma, Arthroscopy of the shoulder and knee, Adolescent Sports Medicine, Arthroscopy of the shoulder/elbow/wrist, Robotic Partial Knee Resurfacing, Arthroscopic Surgery, Orthopaedics, Hand Surgery, Sports Medicine
Education & Training
- B.S., Marquette University, 1964
- M.D., Medical College of Wisconsin, 1968
- Internship, Surgery, Duke University Hospital, 1969
- Residency, Surgery, Duke University Hospital, 1970
- Residency, Orthopaedic Surgery, Duke University Hospital, 1974
- Residency, Orthopaedic Surgery, Lenox Baker Childrens Hosp, 1975
- Residency, Orthopaedic Surgery, Duke University Hospital, 1976
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery
- Int'L Society Of The Knee
- Am Academy Of Orthopaedic Surg
- Little Orthopaedic Club
- North Carolina Medical Society
- Piedmont Orthopedic Society
- Robert P. Kelly Orthopaedic So
- Southeastern Hand Club
- Southern Medical Association
- Am Assn Of University Professo
- Am Medical Assn
- Am Soc Of Surgery Of The Foot
- Am Soc Of Surgery Of The Hand
- Arthroscopy Assn Of North Amer
- Bowman Gray Ortho Alumni Assn
- Alpha Kappa Kappa Marq Med Sch
- Alpha Sigma Nu
- Forsyth-Davie-Stokes Medical S
- Int'l Assn Of Arthroscopy
- Arthroscopy Association of NA
Gary G. Poehling, M.D.
The overall Patient Rating score is the average of responses to the nine questions listed below. The questions are from the Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a 1 to 5 scale, where 1 represents "very poor" and 5 represents "very good."
Comments are taken from the Care Provider section of the Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Comments are posted exactly as they are written. Comments are added weekly. To protect patient privacy and confidentiality, patient names are not included.
Excellent physician. Excellent "bedside manner". Excellent experience. Very helpful in addressing my problem
*Dr. Poehling is the best dr. on staff. He is good with his patients.
*Dr. Poehling is amazing. He is knowledgeable thinks out of the box & has fantastic bedside manner.
dr Poehling was engaging, listen to my need for care, gave a careful expiation if my condition, offered a recommendation for meds and explained how they wii work. He was extremely kind and patient. I left feeling heard and helped... hopefully I will eventually be healed!
I would highly recommend this provider.
*Dr. Poehling is very nice, caring & knowledgeable! Great doctor!
Access to such an experienced MD for an urgent problem was unexpected. He was excellent.
I felt there was a slight lack of information regarding steps to follow after my visit and a thorough explanation of do's and don'ts to avoid further pain and the best form of exercise to help my condition going forward
Dr. Poehling - GREAT
Attentive, talk to me as if I was a human being, very knowledgeable & explain things well. I was impress. Thank you.
The visit was an unusual situation. He was extremely invested in it's outcome and very helpful and understanding.