Gary G. Poehling, M.D.
Peripheral Nerve Repair, Lower Extremity Trauma, Arthroscopy of the shoulder and knee, Adolescent Sports Medicine, Arthroscopy of the shoulder/elbow/wrist, Robotic Partial Knee Resurfacing, Arthroscopic Surgery, Orthopaedics, Hand Surgery, Sports Medicine
Education & Training
- B.S., Marquette University, 1964
- M.D., Medical College of Wisconsin, 1968
- Internship, Surgery, Duke University Hospital, 1969
- Residency, Surgery, Duke University Hospital, 1970
- Residency, Orthopaedic Surgery, Duke University Hospital, 1974
- Residency, Orthopaedic Surgery, Lenox Baker Childrens Hosp, 1975
- Residency, Orthopaedic Surgery, Duke University Hospital, 1976
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery
- Int'L Society Of The Knee
- Am Academy Of Orthopaedic Surg
- Little Orthopaedic Club
- North Carolina Medical Society
- Piedmont Orthopedic Society
- Robert P. Kelly Orthopaedic So
- Southeastern Hand Club
- Southern Medical Association
- Am Assn Of University Professo
- Am Medical Assn
- Am Soc Of Surgery Of The Foot
- Am Soc Of Surgery Of The Hand
- Anthroscopy Assn Of North Amer
- Bowman Gray Ortho Alumni Assn
- Alpha Kappa Kappa Marq Med Sch
- Alpha Sigma Nu
- Forsyth-Davie-Stokes Medical S
- Int'l Assn Of Arthroscopy
- Int'l Arthroscopy Assn of NA
Gary G. Poehling, M.D.
The overall Patient Rating score is the average of responses to the nine questions listed below. The questions are from the Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Responses are measured on a 1 to 5 scale, where 1 represents "very poor" and 5 represents "very good."
Comments are taken from the Care Provider section of the Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Comments are posted exactly as they are written. Comments are added weekly. To protect patient privacy and confidentiality, patient names are not included.
*Dr. Poehling is excellent. Just wish he still did surgery. Our experience this visit equal to or better than visits years ago. He is slow to recommend surgery - tries all medical treatment at his disposal first. He has wonderful bedside manner, using words easily understood. He instills confidence that he knows what he recommends. We both are thankful he has not retired yet.
WOW! *Dr. Poehling is not only a great physician but a genuinely nice & caring person as well. Really knows his stuff! Highly recommend him.
I would recommend dr phoeling to everyone
great health care,no complaints
8. Did not rush at all.
Always a pleasure to visit your facility
Dr Poehling is great!
I would continue to recommend Wake Forest Baptist Hospital hospital, employees and dr. and nurses and tech's
Everyone did their job well.
Best place I have ever come to.
Dr. Poehling is a wonderful person and an excellent physicians. I have full confidence in his knowledge and ability as a doctor.
I was happy overall with this provider but there was a delay in his looking at my x-ray and MRI to to his not being able to locate it on the computer. One of my issues was a torn meniscus but I didn't learn much about it. The other problems, the osteoarthritis, was well explained to me.
Doctor very friendly and explained my next step