Upon your initial visit to Lexington Medical Center's Wound Care Center, you will undergo a thorough diagnostic examination to identify the type of wound you have as well as the underlying problems causing the wound. After this, a treatment plan specifically tailored to your needs will be developed utilizing the most effective treatment options. As a patient at the Wound Care Center, you can expect:
- Advanced therapies
- Proven clinical protocols
- An individualized, comprehensive plan of care that brings you the most appropriate and effective treatments for your particular needs
- Assessment and ongoing care by our highly skilled team of wound care specialists, including a case manager who will oversee every aspect of your case
- Thorough training for you and your family on caring for the wound at home
- Education materials and resources related to prevention, nutrition, hygiene and other key topics for you and your family
- Ongoing communication so that you and your doctor stay informed and up-to-date on all aspects of your healing.