The Lexington Medical Center Auxiliary provides ample opportunities for volunteerism. These volunteers play a vital role by enhancing professional services by adding those “special touches.” The Department also operates the hospital’s Cheer Shop.
Operated by the Auxiliary, all proceeds from the Cheer Shop go to support various hospital departmental needs. The Cheer Shop features an array of gift items including stuffed animals, jewelry, books, gifts for baby, and specialty items. The Cheer Shop is located just off the main hospital lobby at the front entrance.
Members of the Lexington Medical Center Auxiliary - volunteers - play a vital role as members of our Health Care Team. They enhance our services by providing the "special" touches that make you comfortable and help your family and visitors. To inquire about becoming a volunteer, contact the Volunteer office at 336-238-4556.
- Patient Services
- Performing a variety of services for patients to include, serving ice, juice, delivering mail, etc.
- "Babies Need Books"
- Visiting new mothers to stress the importance of reading to new mothers. Provide babies with their first books and immunization needs
- Greeter - Escort - Courier Service (GEC)
- Meets and greets outpatients and visitors. Provides transportation assistance for patients. Delivers interdepartmental mail within the hospital.
- Clerical Support
- Providing clerical support to various departments by filing, answering phones, typing reports, etc.
- Cheer Shop