Wake Forest Baptist Health Lexington Medical Center provides ample opportunities for volunteerism. Volunteers play a vital role enhancing professional services by adding those “special touches” as well as operating the hospital's Cheer Shop.
Volunteers play a vital role as members of our Health Care Team. Volunteers enhance services by providing the "special" touches that make you comfortable and help your family and visitors. To inquire about becoming a volunteer, contact the Volunteer office at 336-238-4131.
- Patient Services
- Perform a variety of services for patients including, but not limited to, serving ice, juice, delivering mail
- "Babies Need Books"
- Visit new mothers to stress the importance of reading. Provide babies with their first books and immunization needs
- Greeter - Escort - Courier Service (GEC)
- Meet and greet outpatients and visitors
- Provide transportation assistance for patients
- Deliver interdepartmental mail within the hospital
- Clerical Support
- Provide clerical support to various departments including, but not limited to, filing, answering phones, typing reports