Lexington Medical Center Labor and Delivery is home to approximately 600 births each year. The center features spacious, private labor, delivery and recovery rooms complete with a whirlpool bath and hotel-like accommodations. Don’t forget to visit the web nursery to view photos of our new arrivals. A login is required.
The birth of a baby is a very special time, and our expert staff shares the excitement and strives to offer patients the highest level of care in a family-centered environment. Family-centered service recognizes that each family is unique; that the family is the constant in the child’s life; and that they are the experts on the child’s abilities and needs.
Labor and Delivery Offerings
- Expanded labor, delivery, and recovery suites with private whirlpool baths
- Home-like postpartum rooms
- A family focused environment
- Board certified obstetricians/gynecologists, pediatricians, and family practitioners
- Registered nurses trained in all areas of labor and mother-baby nursing
- Board certified lactation consultant
- Nurses certified in neonatal resuscitation and CPR
- 24-hour epidural anesthesia available by anesthesiologists
- Rooming-in for newborns
- 24-hour "warm-line" for new parents
Lexington Medical Center Labor and Delivery offers a free, 6-week course for expectant mothers to help them prepare for the birth of their baby. Mothers can register by calling 336-238-4770. Topics include:
- Introduction to childbirth
- What to expect during labor and delivery
- Breathing and relaxation techniques
- Care of the newborn
- Postpartum education
- Breastfeeding information
- Complete tour of the birthing center
- Infant CPR
Preparing a young child for the arrival of a new baby brother or sister is a focus of the educational process. Special sessions are held each quarter to prepare young children for the new arrival. The sessions are held on Saturdays and include videos, refreshments and a tour of the Birthing Center.