Sportsmen’s Saturday has quickly become a “must
attend” event in Lexington that features over $110,000 in prizes. It will be
held November 3, 2018 at the Historic Railroad Depot in Uptown Lexington.
Tickets may be purchased by calling Denise Snider at 336-238-4213.
Only 2,200 tickets are
available with sales underway at area businesses and the Foundation Office at
Lexington Medical Center.
The event features
several live auction items. Richard Childress, honorary event chairperson,
provides two tickets to the 2019 Cup Race at Charlotte Motor Speedway with pit
and suite passes. Other Live Auction items include Carolina Panther Tickets,
Davidson County Wine Tour, Old North State Weekend to name a few.
Tickets cost $100 and are
available at various locations in Lexington, Salisbury and Denton. For more
information or to purchase tickets, call Denise Snider at 336-238-4213.
All proceeds from the event
will benefit the New Surgical Facility at WFBH Lexington Medical Center.
Guest tickets are available
“There is a tremendous
benefit to have a New Surgical Facility here in Lexington,” said Sara DeLapp, Chair
of the LMC Foundation Board of Directors. “The current operating rooms have served
the community well for nearly 40 years, but with the advances that have been
made in surgical space and technology, it is time to provide the patients and
medical staff with the newest and best equipment and technology. Sportsmen’s
Saturday provides an opportunity to make a significant impact in generating
funds for this project.”
Sportsmen’s Saturday has
raised over $1.2 million dollars and this money has been used to assist with
the expansion of Rehabilitation Services, the Emergency Department, Cancer
Center and various LMC departmental equipment needs.
“The public has made the
event successful,” said Ellen Welborn, Foundation Executive Director. “We could
not do it without the support of the ticket purchasers and the champions and sponsors.”
Doors will open at 11 a.m.
on November 3 and drawings for “Early Bird” prizes begin at noon. The main
drawings will begin shortly after Early Bird tickets are drawn out and continue
until 3 p.m. Additionally, the event
features food, beverages and entertainment.
- Steve Comer - $5,000
- John Long - $2,000
- James Wood - $1,000
- Linda Myers - $1,000
- Richard Cole - $1,000
- Dawn Hedgepeth - 2018 Sea Doo Spark and Tralier
- Darrell Loman- Weber Genesis II 310-3 Burner Black Gas Grill
- Betsy Rose - Mossberg 510 410-gauge Camo Pump Shotgun
- Randy Perdue - $500
- Ron Sick - 12-Gun Liberty Safe
- Allen Smith - $1000
- Nancy Asp - Ruger American Ranch Rifle 300 Black Out
- Lee Ann Peele - Field and Steam 12' Fishing Kayak Package
- Kep Kepley - $500
- Sally Dodd - Henry Arms Golden Boys Rifle 22 Lever
- Michael Young - Paddle Board Package
- Barry Leonard - Yeti Tunder 45 Cooler
- Fielding Lowe - 2018 Avalon Pontoon, Mercury Engine & Trailer
- Henry P. Ingram - 2017 Kubota RTV 400
- David Penninger - Big Green Egg Grill Package
- Gordon Kammire - Mossberg Night .308 Train Rifle with Scope
- Bruce Bruni - Hustler Raptor 54 Inch Zero Turn Lawn Mower
- Carolyn Walser - $500
- Peggy Stubenrauch - Old Town Saranac Lake Canoe Package
- Deborah Chapman - Glock G-43 9MM Automatic
- Jarret Cope - $1,000
- Don Decker - 2017 Harley Davidson Street Bob
- Jerry Hunt Super Center - $500
- Jill Leonard - Mossberg 930 Waterfowl 12-guage Semi-Automatic Shotgun
- Kathi McLendon - Yeti Tunder 45 Cooler
- Dean Carter - 2018 Honda TRX 420
- Randy Welborn - 2018 Chevrolet Silverado 4x4
- Alea Hunsucker - 50/50 Split-the-Pot