Tickets are now on sale for
the annual Sportsmen’s Saturday, sponsored by the Wake Forest Baptist Health Lexington
Medical Center Foundation. Sportsmen’s Saturday has quickly become a “must
attend” event in Lexington that features over $110,000 in prizes. It will be
held November 3, 2018 at the Historic Railroad Depot in Uptown Lexington.
Only 2,200 tickets are
available with sales underway at area businesses and the Foundation Office at
Lexington Medical Center. “Early bird” tickets or those tickets purchased by
September 10, are eligible for special cash drawings in addition to the main
drawings. Tickets for past Sportsmen’s Saturday events have sold out by the
“early bird” deadline.
“Early bird” ticket holders have
a chance to win cash prizes of $5,000, $2,000 or three drawings for $1,000
each. These tickets will be reentered into drawings for spectacular prizes
including a 2018 Harley Davidson Low Rider, a 2018 Chevrolet Silverado 4 x 4, a
Kubota RTV 400, a 2018 Avalon Pontoon, a Field & Stream Kayak Package, 54”
Zero Raptor Lawn Mower and more.
Additionally, the event features
several live auction items. Richard Childress, honorary event chairperson,
provides two tickets to the 2019 Cup Race at Charlotte Motor Speedway with pit
and suite passes. Other Live Auction items include Carolina Panther Tickets,
Davidson County Wine Tour, Old North State Weekend to name a few.
Tickets cost $100 and are
available at various locations in Lexington, Salisbury and Denton. For more
information, call the Foundation Office at 336-238-4559 or visit www.lexington.wakehealth.edu.
All proceeds from the event
will benefit the New Surgical Facility at WFBH Lexington Medical Center.
Guest tickets are available
“There is a tremendous
benefit to have a New Surgical Facility here in Lexington,” said Sara DeLapp, Chair
of the LMC Foundation Board of Directors. “The current operating rooms have served
the community well for nearly 40 years, but with the advances that have been
made in surgical space and technology, it is time to provide the patients and
medical staff with the newest and best equipment and technology. Sportsmen’s
Saturday provides an opportunity to make a significant impact in generating
funds for this project.”
Sportsmen’s Saturday has
raised over $1.2 million dollars and this money has been used to assist with
the expansion of Rehabilitation Services, the Emergency Department, Cancer
Center and various LMC departmental equipment needs.
“The public has made the
event successful,” said Ellen Welborn, Foundation Executive Director. “We could
not do it without the support of the ticket purchasers and the champions and sponsors.”
Doors will open at 11 a.m.
on November 3 and drawings for “Early Bird” prizes begin at noon. The main
drawings will begin shortly after Early Bird tickets are drawn out and continue
until 3 p.m. Additionally, the event
features food, beverages and entertainment.
Purchase your Sportsmen’s
Saturday online ticket today! Tickets have sold out every year!
- Bobby Lynch - $5,000
- Ralph Max Godfrey - $2,000
- Teresa Harvey - $1,000
- Gregory Dermont Grubb - $1,000
- Andrew F. Bognanno - $1,000
- Natalie F. Borders - 2016 Sea Doo Spark and Tralier
- Dave Feeman - Weber Genesis II E-40-4 Burner Copper Gas Grill
- Mary B. Berrier - Mossberg 500 20-gauge Shotgun Combo Package
- Samuel Brittain - $500
- Reggie Lookabill - 12-Gun Liberty Safe
- Gregory Johns - $1000
- R. Michael Hill - Smith & Weeson Shield Pistol 9mm Automatic
- April Wood - Field and Steam 12' Fishing Kayak Package
- Donna S. Ward - $500
- Stephen Welborn - Ruger American Rifle .243 with Vortex scope
- Steven R. West - Baitcaster Rod and Reel Package
- Hugh Holliman - Yeti Tunder 45 Cooler
- Donna P. Leonard - 2017 Avalon Pontoon, 60 HP Mercury Engine & Trailer
- Chris Andrews - 2016 Kubota RTV 400
- Patrica Sheffield - Big Green Egg Grill Package
- Gretchen Bayne - Henry Arms Leveraction 22 Rifle
- Amanda Smith - Hustler 60 Inch Zero Turn Lawn Mower
- Steve Rizoti- $500
- Janet Mahaffey - Old Town Saranac Lake Canoe Package
- Chad Penninger - Ruger American .308 with Votex Scope
- Fielding Lowe - $1,000
- Bobby Joyce - 2016 Harley Davidson Low Rider
- Karen Lanier - $500
- Barbara H. Welch - Mossberg Silver Reserve II Over/Under 410 guage Shotgun
- W. Adam James - Yeti Tunder 45 Cooler
- Jarret Cope - 2017 Honda TRX 420
- Matt Pugh - 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 4x4
- Micheal T. Young - 50/50 Split-the-Pot