Sportsmen’s Saturday is a ‘must
attend’ event here in Lexington. Tickets are on sale now for
Sportsmen’s Saturday, a premier community fundraising event for outdoor
enthusiasts hosted by the Wake Forest Baptist Health – Lexington Medical Center
Foundation and Honorary Chairman Richard Childress. The 10th
anniversary of this event will be held on November 2 at the Lexington Historic
Southern Railway Freight Depot, with the doors opening at 11 a.m.
“I’m pleased to announce that
all proceeds from this event will benefit the new surgical center that is being
built,” said Bill James, president of Wake Forest Baptist Health – Lexington
Medical Center. “This event is always so much fun, and it’s a great way to help
support our friends and neighbors right here in our own community.”
The event will feature over 20 prizes totaling more than $110,000, with the grand prize being a 2019
Chevrolet Silverado 4x4 truck. There will also be cash prizes and a live
auction where bidders can win Carolina Panthers tickets, a steak dinner cooked
at their home by On-Time Catering or a BBQ dinner by Lexington BBQ. See the complete list of live auction items below.
The $100 raffle ticket cost will include a lunch, beverages and entertainment, however you do not have to be present to win.
purchase your tickets, you may call 336-238-4559 or buy online.
- $5,000 Cash
- $2,000 Cash
- $1,000 Cash (5)
- $500 Cash (4)
- 2019 Sea Doo Spark & Trailer
- Remington 870 Pump Synthetic 20 Gauge
- 12-Gun Liberty Safe
- Ruger American Ranch Rifle 300 Black-Out
- Field and Stream Kayak Package
- Henry Arms Golden Boy Rifle 22 Lever
- Paddle Board Package
- 2019 Avalon Pontoon, Engine & Trailer
- 2019 Kubota RTV 500
- Big Green Egg Grill Package
- Ruger American 308 Compact
- Field & Stream Scout Canoe Package
- Glock G-43 9mm Automatic
- 2019 Harley Davidson Street Bob
- 12-Gauge Benelli Sawyer Black Shotgun
- 2019 Honda TRX 420
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 4x4 Extended Cab
Live Auction Items
- Steak Dinner for 12 People Donated by On Time Catering
- Outdoor steak dinner for 12 people. Meal consist of Ribeye steaks cooked onsite, potatoes au gratin, grilled vegetables, salads with dressings, rolls, two desserts, Sweet and Unsweet Tea. On Time Catering will provide the china, linens, servers, tables, chairs and tent. Buyer must live within a 25-mile radius of Lexington.
- Requires a two-week notice. Not valid the week of Thanksgiving or month of December. Expires May 2, 2020.
- Backyard BBQ for 20 People – PICK UP ONLY Donated by Lexington BBQ
- Meal consists of shoulder BBQ with slaw, dip and buns. One-day notice.
- Davidson County Wine Crawl for Six People (Transportation included)
- Tour begins at Childress Vineyards with wine tasting, wine tour and lunch, followed by tastings at Weathervane Winery and Junius Lindsay Vineyard. The crawl will conclude with dinner at Wine Sellars in Lexington.
- Carolina Panthers Tickets Donated by Meredith Andrews
- Four tickets and one parking pass. Game to be mutually-agreed-upon.
- Old North State Club Weekend Golf Getaway for Four Donated by Old North State Club
- Includes lodging for one night at the Old North State Club Lodge, breakfast and dinner, and one round of golf on Old North State Tom Fazio Champion Golf Course
- Wild Game Dinner Donated by Chef Melissa Darr
- Join Chef Melissa Darr at her home for a Wild Game Dinner that will feature wild game representing various regions of America. The dinner for six adults will feature wine complementing the selection of wild game. Bison, elk, quail and other wild game will be featured on the menu depending on availability. This dinner can be served on a Friday or Saturday night any month with the exception of November and December. Plan on enjoying this 3-hour event which includes appetizers and a trio of American Regional desserts.
- Expires November 2020